The process of making changes to the established by introducing new methods, ideas and products.
Innovation is vital to the success of any organization, however, the challenge for most is finding what it means to be innovative for your business and in your industry. K-State is seasoned in university/private sector collaboration and methods to enhance the value created for both through the following:
- Technology Transfer: with over 220 active patents cumulated in FY 2017, K-State has demonstrated experienced in advancing and protecting intellectual property. Search the portfolio for technologies currently available for licensing.
- Research Relationships: K-State has the necessary resources to strengthen industry outcomes, and the expertise to develop long-term strategies for R&D. Learn about how you can establish a research relationship with K-State.
- Fee for Service: Service and testing options are available to meet the business needs of companies and advance our public mission. Learn about testing or research services at K-State.
- Facility Usage: Kansas State University ensures that our researchers and partners have the tools they need to solve global challenges. The University itself is home to more than 90 research centers and a wealth of administrative spaces. Explore labs and centers on campus.
- Consulting: Identify K-State faculty and researchers available for individual consulting projects by college or department with the help of PIVOT
Not sure what type of collaboration makes sense for your company? KBED can make it easier for you to navigate the University, help you identify the right experts, and facilitate the appropriate agreements to facilitate your collaboration. Contact us today to get started!
Featured Research Capabilities:
The Kansas State University College of Engineering, which is the largest and most comprehensive engineering college in the region, has more than 100 years of vibrant history. The college offers 12 undergraduate,12 masters and 8 doctorate degree programs spanning 17 different fields and is known for outstanding research programs related to energy, health, infrastructure, and information technology.
Kansas State’s world class research in animal health, plant science, and food safety and security have firmly established the university as a leader in addressing growing resource needs of the global food system. Industry partners are essential to keeping the U.S. food system one of the most competitive in the world.
To learn more about the GFS initiative at K-State, click here
Named 'Silicon Valley for biodefense' by the Blue Ribbon Study Panel, Kansas State University was a natural choice for a $1.25 billion, level-4 laboratory such as the National Bio and Agro-defense Facility (NBAF). The University is well-positioned with unique capabilities in the related areas of veterinary, agricultural and biosecurity disciplines.
To learn more about NBAF, click here